Below is our church's "wish list", which includes items that we either need now, need to replace or will need in the future. If you would like to contribute toward one or more of these items, please contact Fr James first at email@example.com.
Remember that our goal is to offer our BEST to God in all things: our lives, our prayers, our actions, our thoughts, our work and (in this case) those things that we desire to offer to the Church in addition to what we are already giving as a sacrificial offering of our time, talent and treasure.
PLEASE BEAR IN MIND that giving towards these items is not a replacement for one's "tithe". This is something that goes over and above what one is already giving to God toward the ongoing work of the Church . If you have any questions or concerns about issues related toward "proportional giving" as a sacramental offering to God, please speak with Fr James.
LISTED IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER OF IMPORTANCE (UPDATED JUNE 2018):
NEW CHURCH BUILDING: $750,000 — $1,000,000 (It never hurts to ask!)
All kidding aside, we are now in the process of raising money for our future church building
We plan to hold our first capital campaign in mid-2018
- Those interested in contributing to this campaign should contact Fr James or our treasurer, Kathy Bollack
FULL ICONOSTASIS ICON PROGRAM & St Sebastian
As part of our future church building program, we are preparing to raise specific funds for proper painted icons of the 12 Great Feasts of the Church year and of the four large main icons of the iconostasis: Christ, Christ and the Theotokos, St John the Forerunner and St James Son of Zebedee. We estimate that the final cost for each icon will be approximately $300-$600 depending on size, though this is just a ballpark amount. For an idea of the sort of icon program we are considering, please see the following photo from Holy Ascension Orthodox Church, in Mount Pleasant, SC. Total: approximately $6000
Additionally, we have been given the amazing gift of a portion of the relics of St Sebastian of Jackson: one of the newest canonized saints in America. We currently have a printed icon of St Sebastian and have installed his relics in it. It would be better if were able to have a proper painted icon of this wonderful saint, to honor his relics fully. We expect this to cost in the range of $300-500, if someone would be interested in giving toward this project.
VESTMENTS AND COVERS:
- ADDITIONAL servers vestments, especially Purple Servers vestments (8 sets): $1600 (eventually, we would like to have vestments for all of the liturgical seasons)
- Proper Altar cover and icon stand cloths in the following colors (listed in order of NEED): BLUE, BURGUNDY/ RED, WHITE, GOLD, PURPLE /VIOLET. While we currently have covers for our altar and our stands in some of these colors (some of which are just passable), we would like to improve upon the selection that we have and complete all of the liturgical colors. We would then pass on our current set of colors to a newer mission church in need.
- Vigil candles for Nave:
- Inscense: our favorite supplier is orthodoxincense.com
- Olive oil (we're told that normal virgin olive oil burns cleaner than the extra-virgin type)
- Trough to be used for adult baptisms: $200 (something like this example)
- Memorial Service (Panikhida) Table: $800 (here)
- PROCESSIONAL SET
- Lampada counter-weight (for the lampada over Holy doors... it allows it to be lowered easily): $100 (here)
- Three Icon Stands ("Analogion"): $1500-$3000 ea. estimated (custom made)